Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Krispy Kremes - Really not that great.

So, the dumbing down of America is quite apparent when movies like Dumb and Dumberer (the sequel, not the brilliant original) and Bringing Down the House even make a place in the Top 10 movies of the week. We all know this. And yet, there is something bigger and more profoundly stupid making its way to the far reachs of our country, and it is just as bad: Krispy Kreme donuts. I am not a fan of the Krispy Kreme donut, and I have nothing against those who enjoy them. What I just don't understand (and feel free to comment, because I'm dying to know the answer) is what is the obsession with Krispy Kreme donuts? Why do people drive for miles to sit for hours to get these things. When the Krispy Kreme in Burlington opened up, there was an article in the Western Front about it. Okay, fine. I can deal. They quoted some guy who said something along the lines of "hey, I don't normally like donuts, but I love Krispy Kremes! They're grrrrrrrreat!" Now, this may not be exactly what he said, because this was a few years ago, and my memory's just not what it used to be since I turned 24. I have two things to say: 1) Krispy Kremes are like the McDonald's of donuts. Yes, they are full of sugar, but I defy you to find one person, just one, who considers McDonald's to be their favorite hamburgers. And this includes anything on the menu, even the Quarter Pounder with Cheese (Royale with Cheese for my French readers), which I happen to like. Krispy Kremes are not the best donuts. And the second thing I have to say is, and I cannot stress this enough (I'll even bold it for you):

THEY'RE JUST DONUTS!!!!!

Try to wrap your head around that one, people. It's not the second coming, it's a donut. Now, head over to Henry's in Everett. They'll show you what a donut is all about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home