Friday, May 05, 2006

United 93

I feel exhausted. That's the only word I can use to describe myself after seeing "United 93." Emotionally exhausted. Drained. And yet, I can't help but feel a greater and deeper respect for those that lost their lives on September 11, 2001. It's seems a little wrong to say it, but I thought this was a great film. As I was watching it, I was overwhelmed with the same feelings of loss and confusion I felt four and a half years ago. Because it takes place in the moment, with no hindsight or foresight, I believed the reactions on everyone's faces, and I was back on that day, not knowing what was going to happen next.

But I did know what would happen next. This made me feel a great sense of dread from the beginning, because I knew that these people would not survive.

For anyone who can stand it, I highly recommend this movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home