Friday, February 10, 2006

Elizabethtown

I know a lot of people didn't like this one. And I agree, it's definitely not as good as Cameron Crowe's better movies (Almost Famous, Say Anything), but it does have its moments. I enjoyed it.

There is a scene in Elizabethtown that moved me in the same way the Tiny Dancer scene did in Almost Famous. Although not to the same extent, and it comes just a little too late. It is the scene where Drew takes the road trip. Very well done, and it just made me happy. I just wish they didn't end it with a cliche.

I also was blindsided by the fact that the movie isn't really about the relationship between the two leads. The ads made it seem that way, but it's really about Drew finding his roots. So while I recommend it, realize that the love story is only about a third of the movie.
The flaming bird was a little too much.

And really....would anyone in their right mind name a shoe (or ANYTHING) Spasmotica? I don't think so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home