Monday, October 31, 2005

New friends (or are they old friends? Hmmm...)

As many of you know, I have been in the process of setting up a whole new friend base here in Bellingham. For the second time in about two years, I've had to start over from pretty much nothing. I've been lucky to meet some really cool new people up here (although more people my age would be nice...).
However, a strange thing has been happening over the past month or two. Not only have I been meeting new people, but I've been reconnecting with old friends as well. Like, really old friends. Friends that date back to before my first set of Bellingham friends. Myspace has been a big help in this, but it hasn't just been through Myspace. In fact, in the last two weeks alone, I have run into, or reconnected, with four people who I have not seen since high school. Crazy.
I was at this party on Saturday, and I here my name being shout out. I look around and don't see anyone I recognize. "Daniel -----," he says. Holy shit. This is a kid I've known for a long time, and he's all grown up now. Dude's bigger than me. Then last Wednesday at the FF/W concert, I here my name shout out, and it's f-n' Gregor from way back in the day. Haven't seen this guy in over six years. He tells me that Brad and Alex, who I haven't seen in just as long are back in E-town. Myspace got me back in touch with Jenni, and then I get an email from Rachel, haven't seen either of them in at least six or seven years. Crazy.
This has been a weird week or two. I hope to keep in touch and see these people again, and learn what they've been up to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home