Sunday, April 01, 2007

Well, that was different.

This weekend rocked.

I headed down to Everett on Saturday for two birthday parties. The first one was at Traxx in Mukilteo. For those of you unfamiliar with Traxx, it's an indoor racing joint where you can race around really fast in tiny go karts. So much fun. The only crappy thing was that we each put down $17.50 to wait around for two hours for our turn, only to have a race that lasted all of five minutes.

But they were five glorious minutes.

Let me say that while I had sweet adrenaline (whoops, I'm in science so I should know better. Sweet epinepherine) running through me the whole time, I sucked. I came in 7th out of 12. But I can blame it on the fact that most of my family and my brother's friends (oh yeah, it was my brother's birthday party) had raced there before. I had not, so it took me a while to get used to it. Also, I was stuck behind someone who I think was my sister for half the time. Argh.
After that, most of us went off the the second party. This one was for my new nephew, Easton. He turned 7, and the party was at the Reptile zoo in Monroe. Crazy and creepy. There was this black mamba (the deadliest snake in the world) that would follow me, just waiting to strike. Even creepier was the anaconda, who just sat there....staring. At me.

Today I went and saw Shooter with my sister and Haley. A decent flick. They had Marky Mark to stare at. I had Kate Mara. We were all happy.

But the craziest thing happened tonight as Haley and I drove home. We stopped by Haggen to get supplies for her April Fool's Day pranks, and let me tell you, we got the mother of all prank items. Now, since she hasn't followed through with the prank yet, I can't say what it was, for fear of ruining the prank, but I assure you, walking through Haggen with it in my hands was quite humorous. And, we got it for free!

School starts on Tuesday. Yay. This means tomorrow will be full of meetings and organizing and getting school stuff. Good times.


PS- I transposed this blog from my Myspace blog that I just finished. But, since no one involved with the prank will read this one, I can tell you: It was a fish head!!!! Oh yes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home